Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crafting Space

I had always told my friends that if I added anything else to my craft room, it would explode. Well, after I carried all of my "Loot" (the winnings from the Spellbinders Blog Hop) upstairs and put some of it away, one of my bookshelves collapsed! (Really, it was just the next-to-bottom shelf on the left side, but everything fell off!) This is what the room looked like before that!


I am in the process of moving out of this room into a smaller room (YIKES!) but thought I would post pictures of the bookshelves my hubby modified to hold my stamps. He just cut an old piece of paneling and secured it to two small wedges so that I can just leaf through the stamp sets and they don't fall out from the front. It's really handy!




I will be keeping these bookshelves, but I will be changing my paper storage from 3 horizontal rolling racks to something vertical. I've been checking online for some ideas, but haven't found anything yet! We've got some work to do in the smaller room, so I have a little time to keep looking.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How organized you are! Debb, the way Chuck fixed the shelf for you to "shuffle" thru the stamp sets is such a good idea! You need to send that into Scrap& Stamp magazine. I bet they would publish it on their tip page. I will post some of my craft room so you can see what it looks like. I've tried to de-clutter but I always end up buying more! I was planning on moving my rooms around too but I don't know yet what I want to do with all my exercise equipment.

Take care and can't wait to see you new craft space!