Friday, April 5, 2013

I Got Some 'Splainin' To Do.....

This post is without pictures, and it isn't even about crafts. It's just a short note to let you know why I haven't posted for so long. In August of 2010, I went through a double-spinal fusion surgery, and I was in a cervical collar for 6 months (and during that time I had third-degree burns on 4 fingers). Then in August of 2011 I discovered a breast lump. During the time between finding it, getting the proper testing done, getting into a surgeon, and getting a lumpectomy (26 days) the lump grew from golf-ball sized to softball size. It turned out to be a rare tumor that was known for aggressive growth and recurring nature, and the usual treatment was a mastectomy because that was the only way to be sure it wouldn't come back. I was told if I made it 4 months without it coming back, it would be a good sign. I made it 4 months and 1 day. Back to the surgeon. And another surgery. On the day of my 3 month follow-up, the next lump was found. Major surgery followed. I then had 7 weeks of radiation treatments. I am now all healed and feeling better than I have felt in years! Lord willing, I will continue to create projects and begin posting them again. Look for some more posts yet this weekend! Thanks so much for all your support! Big hugs to you all!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

A big hug to you! Oh my, you have been through quite a bit. Glad to see you are back crafting and posting. Greetings from Winamac!